There are more rewards from working at the Castle than just pay and a pension. There is the community spirit, the chance to hang out with a great group of people, the beautiful location…and a number of hidden benefits which you may not even be aware of.
For example, did you know that, as a staff or faculty member, you can gain free or discounted entry to a range of places, events and activities? So, if you are wondering how to keep your family or friends entertained at the weekend, here are a few suggestions:
- Visit the Castle gardens and grounds with up to four family members or friends for free, during the open season.
- Borrow the staff passes for ‘Sussex Top Attractions’, which will give you free entry to selected local attractions for two people.
- Visit the Observatory Science Centre at a discounted price of £5 per person, for an unlimited family members or friends if you accompany them carrying your BISC/HCE ID card.
- Take advantage of the 50 free tickets to the annual Medieval Festival in August – tickets are issued on a first-come, first-served basis, limited to 2 per member of staff, so be quick with your requests!
- Stay at Bader Hall for a reduced rate, if you fancy getting away from it all.
And don’t forget some of the perks for when you are at work. The challenge is finding the time to take advantage of them:
- Join the Dining Hall meal scheme and experience great value at £2.40 per meal.
- Buy discounted hot drinks from Chestnuts Tea Room. Just mention that you work at the Castle at the counter and your discount will be applied.
- Don’t pay a fortune for gym membership, use the Bader Hall gym for free. It has an open floor space for games (team mates not provided) and aerobics, free weights, exercise bikes, running machines and rowing machines (to make you into that mean machine).
- Attend a range of interesting talks and activities organised as part of the BISC academic program.
- Want a quiet night in? Borrow a movie from the Library’s DVD collection (many not available in Netflix!), or grab a book.
- Always fancied learning photography or some other skill? Sign up for courses on Lynda.com.
These are just some of the tangible rewards of working at the Castle. For a full list contact Nicola, Administration Manager.
»Benefiting the Castle Community since January 2017«